Tuesday, February 9, 2016

Viet Skillz - Video!



It's like learning how to walk all over again - at least learning how to walk across a street. I am completely amazed by the locals and how they will just start frogger-ing their way across a super busy street like it's ain't no thang. Seriously, they just start walking and it's like Moses parting the red sea of scooters. In contrast, I'm more akin to the lunatic squirrel that can't seem to make up its mind of which way to run. Ok, I'm not that bad... but I definitely am a tourist out there.

Did you know that you could row a boat with your feet? I didn't either but it sure makes a lot of sense now that I've seen how its done. 

Check out the moves of those kids! The boy at the end is just adorable, I want to pinch his chubby cheeks.

Who needs a Cuisinart mixer when you've got a tractor lawn-mower? That's right, diesel powered dough. Savory and smoky!

I've been told that I have now officially visited Taiwan - I went on my first scooter ride! Thanks Bob and Specialized for giving me a quick tour of the city! We even did a little off roading :) Tomorrow, I am planning on renting my own scooter and will try my best not to die out there. Wish me luck!



1 comment:

  1. i will be impressed if you eventually learn how to cross the street(froggerly!?)vietnamese style! that looks very daunting...i'd probably be hanging out on the one side forever, looking longingly at the pho restaurants on the other side! what kind of scooter did you rent?

    ReplyDelete